Sign in to follow this  
Dark Fury45

Event: Hardcore Super Hostile

A Hardcore Super Hostile  

9 members have voted

1. 1. This sound like a good idea?

• Yes please!
    • Nooooo thank you, too meek for that.

I presume you know Vechs? No? Wow, okay. You must live under a rock. Guess I'll explain, *ahem*

Spoiler

Vechs is the creator of the super hostile map series, including inferno mines, spellbound caves, waking up, and several more incredible maps. The goal is to go through extreme environments to collect one of each colored wool, and place it upon the victory monument.

There are open worlds where you have to find the dungeons, branch areas where you have to go through one area to reach another, and there is one continental map (which I like)

The maps are far from easy, and death is certain. If you make it through without dying, you're excellent at preparing yourself, and evaluating risks.

Difficulty comes from scarce or weak resources, custom traps, and custom mobs that are difficult to kill.

Give them a try, they're very fun!

Okay, now that that's explained, my idea is that for a sever event, we take one of Vechs' maps, and set the server to hardcore, with or without PvP.

The goal? Complete the monument as best we can without blundering things too badly.

Effectively, it'd be a last man standing sort of thing, where we'd need to work together to try and collect the wool without getting ourselves or others killed.

Since the server would be on hardcore mode, we'd have one shot. The first death would be the last for any player, so the community will need to work together to keep eachother alive.

Hope this sounds like a good idea, I think it'd be perfectly happy chaos :D

• Like 3

As interesting this is as an idea, I would raise the argument that having the server on hardcore for any extended period seems like a very quick way to alienate a large group of the community. Not only would those who would rather not partake in such an event be unable to enjoy themselves, neither would those who have already died. While I do not have great knowledge of the super hostile maps, I am aware they do take a fair amount of time to complete, even with a fairly large group. I would imagine this would have to lead to the server being open for an extended period, leading back to my initial point on alienation. 

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

As interesting this is as an idea, I would raise the argument that having the server on hardcore for any extended period seems like a very quick way to alienate a large group of the community. Not only would those who would rather not partake in such an event be unable to enjoy themselves, neither would those who have already died. While I do not have great knowledge of the super hostile maps, I am aware they do take a fair amount of time to complete, even with a fairly large group. I would imagine this would have to lead to the server being open for an extended period, leading back to my initial point on alienation. 

i don't think this would work as a main event, but it could be accessible through the Games Hub

On 1/17/2016 at 15:00, honky said:

i don't think this would work as a main event, but it could be accessible through the Games Hub

It shouldn't be like the Epic Hatventures instance we had on 1.7 when it first released, it preserved the instance server the map was played on for 3 days based on who rented it for that time.

Considering how these maps take a lot of time to complete it would be better if a small version could be made that has maybe a few colours of wool instead of the entire monument.