Xennyxenxenxenais

What's your internet speed?

So I'm just curious of what internet speeds everyone gets, and as far as I know there's not an internet speed topic on these new forums, so here ya go. Post your results from http://www.speedtest.net/ DO IT NOOOOOOW!!

Here's mine.

5152162440.png AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!

• Like 2

Here be mine!

5152645828.png

This took forever to get, as before I was on about 500kbp/s with the upload being even worse xD

Idk much about internet speed stuffs but this is mine:
5153270864.png

Id say my speeds are the best AVG's a man could want, deffo if you live stream like me

5154756879.png

Edited by hopeofhell

Who needs upgraded infrastructure with FTTP when you get results like this!!?!
(I understand that this result is actually not that bad, but it's also faster than 68% of Aus and that ain't right.)

5154990217.png

Let's stick to copper, because change is scary and costly(no).

Am I mad?
Mad that we're investing money into an almost obsolete system?
Mad that we're one of very few countries who have even considered such a backwards plan?
Mad that the estimated cost and time-frame has now doubled?
Oh no, I'm not mad

Anyway, here's a dank meme to represent the internet speed we all deserve.

Spoiler

FoDHJEj.png

• Like 10

I like this game:
5155840007.png
I have a fiber optics connection which explains the symmetrical speed. I have considered going up in speed, but right now the price isn't right. 

Reading Pepelo's rant about totally not being mad, made me want to post more info. So here's a bit of insight into how my connection is established:

Spoiler

This might get a little technical but here we go:

I have what you call a FTTP connection, actually its a FTTH to be precise.
I have this box in my appartement:
vu92bjJ.jpg?2

The white wire going into it is actually fiber optics, and i the gray LAN cable runs to my desktop, it is CAT7 classed, which are the reasons i get such a low ping

I only subscribe to a 90/90 connection but the my company have a very relaxed relationship with the limiter firmware , which I'm more than fine with. The fiber optics run to an fiber-optics-access-house somewhere in my area where it connects to an gigabit port, which technically allows for up to 1 gigabit symmetrical connection. 

There is actually two fiber optic lines to my box, the other one carries the television signal which i pull out of the coaxial plug on the right, to get my old school flow-TV (i like old school TV, dont judge me). Yes i know the cable is a little strained and not LTE shielded, but it works, and I'm lazy. 

I had way to much fun explaining this... (Realized at the end that this is a bit of a humble brag, dont sue me) 

Edited by Thartaag
Added info about set-up for the nerds
  • Like 4

Added info in my earlier post about my connection. This edit is brought to you by "its my day off and i have nothing better to do, than do what i do at work every day"

• Like 1