Shrewlad

1.9: Release and Issues

Today is the day, 1.9 is here! This has been very difficult for us because a lot of the plugins were custom coded and we no longer have access to the code to update it. This has meant either finding new plugins or creating new plugins from scratch, thankfully our dev team have been working very hard to help us release and it wouldn't have been possible without them. Now, there are changes that you will like and changes that you will dislike, we are sorry but that is the nature of Minecraft sometimes.

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Fishing

We now have a new fishing plugin coded by danjono! This sadly means that you will have lost all old fishing data. When typing /fish you will see your fishing stats and a new 'Fish Diary' this diary will track all the fish that you have caught and will show you how many more you need to catch to complete that catagory. We now have Legendary fish that you can try and catch. When trading your legendary fish in to the monger you will get a trophy in return! There is more to discover with this plugin but we will let you find it out for yourself.

Lands

Sadly, we could not update lands and we could not recover the data. We have a log of all the data so refunds will be available but sadly we could not recover all the upgrade data so we will be able to see if you had an upgrade but not which ones you had, so we will just be giving you a flat rate if you had any upgrades. The new lands plugin is rather simple and your first plot is free. Each plot after will cost £500 and the limit of plots is 100. In this new plugin you can have land in multiple places but if you start being a dick with it and claiming random land we will remove it and possbily tempban you, so don't be a dick.

Quests

We are using a new quest plugin because again we could not update the old one. Your data will be saved however and you shouldn't notice too many changes, currently though you cannot see your level but you can see your quest points. To work out if you have enough points for a quest you put the level the quest is into this formula:  (level * level + level) / 2 * 100.

Nether

The nether has been reset, we are sorry if you have lost items but this was some data that we lost and could not recover. Also you can no longer go above the nether as people were doing this and it was creating lag.

End

Currently the end is closed for renovations. 1.9 broke the current end so we are having to redo it all. You can currently buy the new things in the Mystic Meg shop.

Bug Reports

We ask that any bugs that you find you tell us on this thread. If you find anything you can exploit please tell us and do not tell other people, if you find that you are exploting something we will take action.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Shrewlad said:

Lands

Sadly, we could not update lands and we could not recover the data. We have a log of all the data so refunds will be available but sadly we could not recover all the upgrade data so we will be able to see if you had an upgrade but not which ones you had, so we will just be giving you a flat rate if you had any upgrades.

Nether

The nether has been reset, we are sorry if you have lost items but this was some data that we lost and could not recover. Also you can no longer go above the nether as people were doing this and it was creating lag.

Well shit..

But hopefully we won't be seeing too many bugs!

Edited by Tantalus

Time to update ALL THE MODS! \o/

... so Optifine

EDIT: Bug report

Nothing huge, but when typing /map I get a message like this one: Invalid sound "note pling"

Noted: thank you

PsXKgCn.png

• Like 3

I like how my fish was captured in that bug report. Also just wanted to give a huge thanks to the devs, admins and mods for updating the server to 1.9! Was worth waiting for, thanks guys! :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RickyM90 said:

I like how my fish was captured in that bug report. Also just wanted to give a huge thanks to the devs, admins and mods for updating the server to 1.9! Was worth waiting for, thanks guys! :)

Thank you, it has been a massive challenge to get things working/converted with new plugins.

There is still more things that need configuring and fixing so if you do find anything we've missed please post it here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shrewlad said:

To work out if you have enough points for a quest you put the level the quest is into this formula:  (level * level + level) / 2 * 100.

Spoiler

c97.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lord Aerostitus said:

Reveal hidden contents

c97.jpg

I'll give you an example. Let's say a quest says you need to be level 5 to start then you do (5 * 5 + 5) / 2 * 100 which equals 1500 quest points. If you have more then 1500 quests points then you are good!

This is a temporary thing. The quest plugin we are now using I have heavily changed to be familiar with what we were used to in 1.8 but you won't have to work it out manually in the future once I add that in. I'm still looking to add more things to it.

• Like 1

When you click a name in chat you will get this:

Spoiler

as78mDX.png

However, when I click on a name from a server message, such as a death message, it works:

Spoiler

cO2ljlh.png

Next thing is when I click on my [Mod] thingy, I get "Invalid sound "note pling"" and the help menu pops up.

Spoiler

wHuwzqn.png

And also this best top ten with only 9 people:

Spoiler

flSoGuA.png

Thanks dan the man <3

Just now, xplio said:

When you click a name in chat you will get this:

Reveal hidden contents

as78mDX.png

However, when I click on a name from a server message, such as a death message, it works:

Reveal hidden contents

cO2ljlh.png

Next thing is when I click on my [Mod] thingy, I get "Invalid sound "note pling"" and the help menu pops up.

Reveal hidden contents

wHuwzqn.png

Thanks dan the man <3

Thats.. thats a nice fish in your inventory. o3o

8 hours ago, danjono said:

Thank you, it has been a massive challenge to get things working/converted with new plugins.

There is still more things that need configuring and fixing so if you do find anything we've missed please post it here.

Had the issue with ongoing quests like mob hunter questlines. If you die, the entire thing resets. Told Marbles about it, not sure if it was relayed back to you dan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Add fireworks back to the fishing plugin when you level up :3

On my forgotten to do list :P

10 hours ago, RickyM90 said:

Had the issue with ongoing quests like mob hunter questlines. If you die, the entire thing resets. Told Marbles about it, not sure if it was relayed back to you dan

Are you able to test if that occurs with all quests, or just the mob related ones.

11 hours ago, RickyM90 said:

Problem has been found but I won't be able to sort it for a couple of hours until I finish from work. Will get that fixed ASAP

1 hour ago, menglish59 said:

Are you able to test if that occurs with all quests, or just the mob related ones.

Can do when I next jump on as I think some were repeatable. Just saw that Dan will be fixing it so let me know if it needs to be tested after the possible fix 

dan pls fix typo kthanks Fixed

wF6hMwD.jpg

also the pages on MinecraftForums and PlanetMinecraft etc need updating to show the update Fixed

also pls fix dynmap Fixed

Quests seems to be bugged. I just started out quests and I somehow got three journals. Most of the time when I try to put my journal away, it gives me another one instead that says 'Invalid book tag' inside by 'Original'. On top of that, only a fraction of the time my journal will tell me what quests I am currently on, most of the time saying that I have no quest points, no completed quests, and no accepted quests, even if I check it immediately after I take new quest. Not sure what is going on other than this is some kind of glitch.

Okay, and I did submit a ticket about log in troubles. Seems I am still having issues, but only with spawn. For some reason I keep freezing up really bad there, but no where else. Didn't have this prior to the update so I dunno.

Edited by Arystina

2 minutes ago, Arystina said:

Quests seems to be bugged. I just started out quests and I somehow got three journals. Most of the time when I try to put my journal away, it gives me another one instead that says 'Invalid book tag' inside by 'Original'. On top of that, only a fraction of the time my journal will tell me what quests I am currently on, most of the time saying that I have no quest points, no completed quests, and no accepted quests, even if I check it immediately after I take new quest. Not sure what is going on other than this is some kind of glitch.

I'm aware of this. It's a bug to do with how the Adventure and Survival world are linked. It's caused when you switch between the servers it confuses the plugin. I'm going to be fixing that soon but for now if you have this problem destroy any old journals and do /quests journal until it gives you a fresh one.

Just now, danjono said:

I'm aware of this. It's a bug to do with how the Adventure and Survival world are linked. It's caused when you switch between the servers it confuses the plugin. I'm going to be fixing that soon but for now if you have this problem destroy any old journals and do /quests journal until it gives you a fresh one.

How do I destroy journals? I can't drop them. Do i just stick them in a chest and destroy the chest?

Just now, Arystina said:

How do I destroy journals? I can't drop them. Do i just stick them in a chest and destroy the chest?

Go to survival, burn or throw on cactus.

Just now, danjono said:

Go to survival, burn or throw on cactus.

Wasn't letting me, kept reappearing in my inventory, but I'll try again. For some reason outside of Skyblock I've been lagging pretty bad.

Sort of not really an urgent bug but bought a Rare crate earlier and only Survival got the crate, I was on adventure at the time and neither Adventure nor Skyblock got the crate  Fixed

Edited by Penerbang