Sign in to follow this  
mrfrazz1

Fishing Idea

Is is possible to make the type of fish biome specific?

Like bigger fish like sea bass and possibly flying fish are in the ocean or in swamps you can catch small trout or crayfish. Try to make it realistic, I wouldn't mind doing a little research in fish and what grows where and what size.

But I work on a lake and people love to musky fish, because they are fresh water giants. Or they fish for things like big and small mouth bass. It would be cool to be able to fish larger fish in a larger biome, and to make it more realistic.

It is possible but I don't know how difficult it is. Altho I think you used to catch bigger fish if in an ocean biome, but that could have been my imagination.

If that's the case it shouldn't be super difficult...I think the tough part would be specifying which type of fish goes where.

That would be awesome! I would love an actual reason and emphasis to travel across the world and not just use that ditch filled with stagnant water that somehow has fish living in it

• Like 1

These are ideas I contemplated when I was developing the plugin and is something I would like to implement. In the interest of time to get the servers updated to 1.9 as soon as possible I didn't include most features I would have loved to include.

Some things I want to be able to add into the plugin over time are:

• Certain fish based on biome
  • Overfishing - fish in a certain biome or place too much on the map makes bigger fish less likely to spawn 
  • Purchasable perks to allow better luck at catching bigger fish.

Currently it doesn't matter where you fish, your luck is all the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, danjono said:
  • Purchasable perks to allow better luck at catching bigger fish.

omg pay2win :o:o:o:P 

things to think about: the old as heck fishing plugin had instant bait that gave you a fish automatically, then when that feature was broken ark's fishing 2.0 had bait that gave you a 5% boost to your luck.