Zuhpanda

Not Closing the Server

Im super excited but have a few questions: Regarding the TTT server, are you going to use DragonLordJeff's? Or will you be doing a whole brand new one? I'd hate to see all of his hard work and money go to waste.

And in regards to the map downloads, will they have all our work on them before the reset? Or will they be just blank maps?

I'm super excited that the server is not shutting down, and it's nice to see that some new things and old are coming into fruition! 

1 hour ago, Zuhpanda said:

Y'all love ZoL. Well, we can promise to do an event in the future (ho ho ho?)

I look forward to seeing what happens with this

• Like 1

@Zuhpanda, @Shrewlad, and @Penerbang. Let me know if you need any Java/Lua or general help. Im sure with all these changes an extra worker wouldn't be horrible. Contact me for a portfolio (If you want :)

Edited by Meman

2 hours ago, Tantalus said:

Aw, so no modded then?

Modded servers can be expensive to run, and you have to take into consideration that some users in the community don't have computers that can run extensive mod packs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clarinet_chick78 said:

Modded servers can be expensive to run, and you have to take into consideration that some users in the community don't have computers that can run extensive mod packs.

I was gonna run one on my old work computer, also secretly I have been making a new-ish "HatPack." It's very light on RAM, and @xplio's toaster can run it. (Yes, it still contains a lot of content.)

2/2 Problems Solved

Edited by Meman
  • Like 1

Good to hear about the server, sounds like some solid ideas to revitalize some interest

And of course I'm very happy to hear about the TTT server, considering I just uploaded 4 videos and cleared out the footage folder. I need more victims content

I also had the revelation while talking to marbles the other day. We should make a Hatventures Community steam group. I know there's already a Hatventures one that the vast majority of us are a part of, but it dates back to the old community and is admined by folks that aren't a part of us now.  It would help organizing events for games that we don't necessarily have servers for(GTA etc)

• Like 7

I have to say I am very happy with this outcome. A few days ago I was dreading the news today would bring, but now I think there's a strong possibility to breath new life into this community. Thank for doing what you do, you wonderful staff. And thank you to this great community for existing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, clarinet_chick78 said:

Regarding the TTT server, are you going to use DragonLordJeff's? Or will you be doing a whole brand new one? I'd hate to see all of his hard work and money go to waste.

So would I, I'm waiting for DragonLordJeff to message me if he wants to help us out :D

8 hours ago, clarinet_chick78 said:

And in regards to the map downloads, will they have all our work on them before the reset? Or will they be just blank maps?

It will be the map with everyone's work on it.

• Like 1

Sweet info guys.

Nice to see some ideas Marbles and I discussed about make it in here.

I also suggest having a poll every week for a game night of sorts.

People vote what game they want to play there from a list given (or added by themselves) and the one with the most votes gets played over the weekend maybe?

10 hours ago, clarinet_chick78 said:

Without the running of other servers like Skyblock, Vanilla Survival(if modded was implemented), and the Adventure world, I'm sure the money could be found. I'm also not saying bring back Hatpack with 8 different regions, I'm talking about 2 or 3 at most.

Also, I'm not suggesting a mega modpack with 200+ mods, I'm just suggesting one that hovers around 100, so everybody has the ability to run it.

• Like 1

Sad to see the Adventure server go. I kinda liked the whole RPG feel of it (despite all the quest issues etc etc).

Requesting our own events as well!? yaaaaayy! :D

A shame I'd probably never get to finish my city in time for the new survival reset, but I'm so glad we'll have a download for it :D

Great news and all but will there be a ttt server? Thanks in advance

Shame that the adventure map is not gonna be up for download, it looked incredible and clearly a lot of effort was put into it, but I can understand why it won't be up. Also I'm very glad about the monthly game server thing since us hatters do seem to switch games a lot and also the rust server (is it going to be the same one torturtle hosted before? Or are we gonna have a vanilla server?). All the best

Edited by Androoideka
Wrong person lel, was not marbles it was torturtle

1 hour ago, Androoideka said:

Great news and all but will there be a ttt server? Thanks in advance

19 hours ago, Zuhpanda said:

Other Games

We will be hosting a TTT server

:P

• Like 2

Oh look, my suggestion got followed :P In relation to that, It's possible to make it so anyone can schedule an event, it works fine for my other GTA clan. Any chance that can be set so anyone can organize some games?

This is great news!

(I'd like the server to last a little longer than 6 months but that's just me)

Im glad the Minecraft community will live on and hopefully I will be back soon ;_;

• Like 2

I know that Curse has a few modpacks that may be lighter than some on Forge, just an idea in case people want to mod stuff but to be honest when it comes to modding stuff people want two worlds, one that is heavy on resources and one that isn't, balancing that is always tricky and keeping it up to date and stable itself is one hell of a mission. I don't know if it may be an idea to maybe use a modpack for a couple of months, then change it to another modpack, to get the variety, allow people to start over and try different things as well as not excluding those with less powerful machines. Just an idea though :)

• Like 1